The AONTAS STAR Awards - Showcasing Teamwork, Awarding Recognition
The STAR Awards (Showcasing Teamwork, Awarding Recognition) are an awards initiative coordinated by AONTAS as part of the annual Adult Learners' Festival to acknowledge the fantastic work undertaken by adult learning initiatives throughout Ireland. The awards celebrate the positive contribution that these initiatives make to individual adult learners, local communities and wider society.
Adult and community education is about more than receiving a qualification. From improved confidence to better health, the wider benefits are far-reaching and can have a hugely positive impact on a person’s life, family and wider community. That’s why AONTAS have overhauled our award categories this year to focus on promoting wellbeing; social inclusion; digital inclusion; and ensuring that the learner’s voice is heard.
The awards recognise the use of innovative approaches in adult and community education. For 2017, nominations are invited under four new categories:
- Adult Learning Initiatives that Promote Wellbeing
- Adult Learning Initiatives that Promote Digital Inclusion
- Adult Learning Initiatives that Promote Social Inclusion
- Adult Learning Initiatives that Promote The Learner Voice
The winning initiatives will receive:
- Recognition: A hand-crafted award that symbolises the high level of recognition for your work
- Developing your practice: An opportunity to participate in continuous professional development in a European country through the ERASMUS+ mobility programme
- Promoting your work: a professional photography and video session that you can use to promote your organisation
To see the full shortlist click here.